2nd caboose now at Ferguson Bank location

  The Louisville & Nashville caboose has moved to a location at UMB Bank on S. Florissant Road in Ferguson. The location also includes a Great Northern Railroad caboose. The site change was dedicated last week. Polans call for refurbishing both cabooses and reopening them.

2nd Caboose Now at UMB Bank Site

The second Ferguson’s caboose recently traveled along South Florissant Rd., not under their own steam, but via tractor trailer. The caboose was moved from Caboose Park in Ferguson to a new location on the lot across Florissant Rd. from UMB Bank. It joins another caboose that had already been moved to the site.

The cars were moved from their former location to make room for a new fire station under construction.

Ferguson Historical Society records indicate that the Great Northern Railroad caboose was built in 1941 in St. Cloud, Minn. The rail car was donated to the Ferguson Station Business Association in 1985 by Grannemann Elementary School in the Hazelwood School District.

The Louisville & Nashville caboose was built in 1921, and was in use until the 1950s when the company discontinued passenger service. The L&N was acquired from the Heilitag Family in 1985.

The City of Ferguson and the Ferguson Historical Society plan to reopen the cabooses once they are renovated.



Social Bookmarking
Bookmark to: Mr. Wong Bookmark to: Oneview Bookmark to: Linkarena Bookmark to: Folkd Bookmark to: Digg Bookmark to: Del.icio.us Bookmark to: Facebook Bookmark to: Reddit Bookmark to: Jumptags Bookmark to: Simpy Bookmark to: StumbleUpon Bookmark to: Slashdot Bookmark to: Propeller Bookmark to: Furl Bookmark to: Yahoo Bookmark to: Spurl Bookmark to: Google Bookmark to: Blinklist Bookmark to: Blogmarks Bookmark to: Diigo Bookmark to: Technorati Bookmark to: Newsvine Bookmark to: Blinkbits Bookmark to: Ma.Gnolia Bookmark to: Smarking Bookmark to: Netvouz Information




Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.