Florissant to Request Release of Community Block Grant Funds
The City of Florissant will request the releases of 2013 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on June 24. This is following a two-week period in which the public will have the opportunity to comment on the slated use of the funds.
The Florissant 2013 CDBG Annual Action Plan identifies community needs and has been proposed for the following projects:
- Home Improvement loans to eligible, low to moderate income households throughout Florissant
- Home Improvement – Mechanical grants for the replacement of HVAC to eligible, low to moderate income households throughout Florissant
- COPS program assistance with wheelchair ramps and materials and supplies for homes being rehabbed by volunteers for low to moderate income eligible or disabled residents.
- ADA Public Facilities Assistance Program
- Public Service Agency Assistance to reimburse eligible public service agencies throughout Florissant
- Program Administration – providing for the salary, benefits and training of the CDBG program administrator.
Written comments on these determinations may be directed to the Community Development Office at the Florissant Government Building, 1055 rue St. Francois, MO 63031, or to Dee Ann Ducote, U.S. Housing and Urban Development, Community Planning and Development Division, 1222 Spruce Street, Room 3.207, St. Louis, MO 63103-2836.
The 2013 CDBG Annual Action Plan is available at the Florissant Government Building, on the City’s Web site, www.florissantmo.com, or by contacting Carol O’Mara at the Community Development Office at (314) 839-7680 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be logged in to post a comment.