Sacred Heart Parish to celebrate 145th anniversary
Members of Sacred Heart Parish have set Sunday, Sept. 4 as the date to celebrate the 145th founding of the Parish. Started in 1866 by 47 families who petitioned the Bishop to allow them to build a church where they could worship in their native German language, the Parish has continued to grow and prosper. Today, Sacred Heart has 1678 registered families amounting to over 4500 members. The elementary school has 329 students registered and the preschool and kindergarten have an enrollment of 135 for the coming year..
The celebration will begin following the 7 a.m. Mass and will continue until 1:30 p.m. Coffee and donuts will be served in Clara’s Garden where guests can wander through the pathway of personalized bricks and even order their own brick. A master plan of the location of the bricks will be available for those wishing to find “their brick.” Bricks come in two sizes: 8”x4” for $150.00 and 8”x8” for $275.00. Personalized bricks can be given in memory of a deceased relative or friend or in honor of a birthday, marriage or other special occasion.
The Museum will feature a special exhibit dedicated to Clara Heidotten, long-time housekeeper for the Parish and the lady for whom Clara’s Garden is named. The history of the parish in photographs will also be on display in the Museum along with more than 15 books containing pictures of Sacred Heart weddings, graduations, activities, men and women of the year pictures and many others. The Museum will be open from 7:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
You must be logged in to post a comment.